ITALIAN RECIPES WITH INTENSE FRUITY EVOO
“Valle del Belice PDO”
Extra Virgin Olive Oil Dip
Servings: 10 – 12
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients (1.5 cups):
- 1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil Valle del Belice PDO
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- fresh beard, for serving
1. Add the oil to a saucepan.
2. Heat until it is warm.
3. Add the garlic, basil, oregano, and crushed red pepper to the warm oil. Do not let the oil boil.
4. After it has simmered for about 15 minutes, let it stand for a couple of hours.
5. Strain the spices from the oil.
6. Add a pinch of each spice to the oil before serving with crusty fresh bread.